Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hair Diary # 2

Hello everyone so this post will be another hair diary of whats going on with my hair right now, and what i'm doing with it. Well my main thing to do this week was for me to trim my ends. WHEW.....!!! those things needed to be seriously done lol. I think it's been over like 6 months since the last time I've done them. I know bad right? I know I told you guys that I started a 20 week protective styling challenge in May and it just ended the first week of October. What I should of done was trimmed my ends before I started. That's the smart thing to do right? Yea so I had a dumb moment.

So just by thinking about how long my ends hadn't been clipped and remember I said over 6 months. I could definitely tell it was time to get rid of those babies. Mostly because they felt horrible, pretty much hard. I was also starting to get more Ssk's (Single strand knots). I hardly ever get those things, if I do it's mostly because I had my hair in kinky twists, Senegalese twists etc for 2 months. It would basically be in the spot where my hair met up with the braiding/twisting hair. I have a video on Youtube showing how to easily take care of these I will post it below.

 


Also normally when the months start to get colder my hair sheds more than normal so I am currently rinsing my hair with black tea to see how the results will be. So currently I am keeping track of this I've been doing it for 2 weeks now. If this does help out with shedding it will be something I keep in my regimen. I will talk more about this after it has been a month. That should be close to enough if not enough time to see a real difference.

Onto deep conditioners now I started applying my DC (deep conditioners) while my hair is dry again. A few months after I became natural I was doing this until about a year ago. I don't know why I stopped but I just did. It's not a huge difference but your hair takes a certain amount of nutrients each day. Since i'm applying the homemade DC while my hair is dry my hair is sure to suck up all of everything it needs. After about 4 or 5 hours with the DC in my hair I co-washed it out.

Then I put my hair into about 12 twists put my turban microfiber wrap on my hair to dry a little faster so when I trimmed my hair it wouldn't be soaking wet, and I fell asleep lol (not intentionally) Since I fell asleep with the turban on my hair completely dried. So the following day I spritz a little water into each section of my hair (splitting my twists into 2). Even though I am doing the CG method I used my wide tooth comb to detangle my hair some more. Since I was trimming my hair in it's natural state I wanted to make sure my hair was very detangled to get an accurate cut.

pic of hair trimmed off 



Then I put my favorite leave in conditoner Knot Today (Kinky Curly Knot Today) and coconut oil into each section and twisted them up again. I stretched them by braiding the twists back. For a few days following I will re-twist or braid to get the hair as stretched as I want. Currently my hair is braided at the moment. Until next time you guys. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment