Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hair Diary # 1


 Okay now that I have told you guys about CG method I will tell you how I just recently did my hair. First off I will mention I haven’t used shampoos since after being natural for 6 months before I found out about CG. I found out that your hair can get just as clean by washing with only conditioner or sulfate free shampoo without losing all the natural oils and leaving your hair too dry. The reason shampoo was invented was to totally strip everything (dirt, oils, moisture) from your hair so you can get the “squeaky” clean feel. Conditioners were invented to help put back the moisture and nutrients (life) back into your hair

Conditioner only wash (Co-Wash) can clean your hair just as good without fully stripping it. I have sulfate free shampoos that I use on my hair maybe 4 times a year. That’s mostly because I bought it so I’m trying to finish it off lol.

Anyways……. Back to how I did my hair so I Co- washed my hair with TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner with Aloe Vera & Avocado.  Then I put my hair into 4 sections and with the conditioner still fully in my hair I detangled each section.  I then rinse a little of the conditioner out each section and put in my deep conditioner.  I made a homemade deep conditioner containing.





Deep Conditioner:
-1 whole Avocado
-¼ c. plain yogurt
- 4 drops of avocado oil (you can use any type of oils you want)
- ¼ bag of Hesh Amla Powder   




Most of the time I will let my deep conditioner sit in my hair over night and wash it out in the morning, but I was in a rush so I let it sit in my hair for about an hour. If you have a hooded dryer you could cut that time in half. After I washed the deep conditioner out of my hair and put a little more of my TRESemme in my hair as a leave in and started to style my hair. Below I have pictures of my hair after it was completely dry. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment