Sunday, October 14, 2012

Curly Girl Method


Okay   you guys I’m back. So like in the post I told you my 20 week challenge was ending the next day.  Well it ended and I spent at least half of the day treating my hair. Now I told you guys I was doing the Curly Girl method (CG)  for 5 months now and said I would explain it to you. This method was established by Lorraine Massey.


Since shampoos can become drying to curly, coily and kinky hair. Lots of Shampoos contain sulfates even the most common or popular brands. Sulfates contain harsh chemicals that strip the hair of natural oils and moisture. They cause the hair to frizz up because of the lost of moisture. The better options are cleaning with a sulfate free shampoo and or either a silicone free conditioner alone. It is also encouraged to use the conditioners as a leave in as well. Silicone free is preferred because Silicones repel water and form a barrier around each strand of hair and prevents moisture from entering the hair.

During the CG method you are also to avoid using any styling tools (Combs, brushes etc.) Your fingers should be your one and only styling tool. Now if you have a serious knot or something in your hair and for some reason you can’t get it out with your fingers, a wide tooth comb can be used. Massey states that to protect and form the curls of the hair from the daily elements (wind, heat etc) that gel is a very important product in a CG’s hair.
 


If you are interested in trying this method they have a "cheat sheet" type of websites that will help you find out certain products to use without having to go out and sit there and read the labels one by one I will link it below.




No comments:

Post a Comment