Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hair Diary #6 Hair Consultation

So it's been about a week and a half since my last post so I thought I would come check in with you guys and tell you what's been going on lately. So this week I set up an appointment for a consultation with a natural hair stylist.  I went to my appointment and the lady was so nice. I was still wearing my bun from the last post and she takes it out and is like "WHOA!!! you have a lot of hair" lol. I thought she was going to just stop or barely look at my hair because of that, but nope. She felt my hair, looked at my ends, looked for build up etc. Then she tells me that my hair is in great shape. I was glad to hear that as I was hoping their wasn't something I was missing. Then she starts asking me questions about what I use in my hair and what I use as a DC because my hair felt very moisturized as she takes the little bit of it from off her hands and starts to rub on her arms like lotion lol.


From their we talked more about my regimen and she told me a little bit of hers. She said she was suprised how healthy my hair was from only doing it myself with no help and that I gained a lot of length in such a little bit of time. I then told her a little of my natural hair story and how I'm pushing for even longer hair. Is it just me or during the first year or two of your natural hair journey did your hair grow crazy fast? Mine did and even though it's still growing it has slowed down a little. I'm starting to think it was because of my Mirena but I don't know. I still will retain my goal of having WL (Waist length) hair.

Anyways now back to the story so during the rest of my consultation we started talking and it seemed as though we had been friends for a long time that's funny how something just as simple as hair can do that. So to all of you out there that are having problems with your hair or are just curious to know how your hair is doing try setting up a consultation appointment with a natural hair stylist. There really is nothing you can lose from this experience because it's free but you can gain a lot about the state your hair is in or if you're on the right track with your hair. So try it out and see how you like it, I would advise it to be a natural hair stylist as some others may have a biased opinion.

P.S. Before I forget their is also something else I forgot to mention I'm going to straighten my hair for the FIRST time ever......I paid somebody to do it for me when I was relaxed just because I knew nothing about hair whatsoever at the time. So this is a warning so PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME (Chris Brown) If it comes out looking a horrible mess because i'm trying. I don't really get practice at this because I hardly ever use heat, but i'm sitting under the dryer now as I type. So stay tuned for my next post which will be in the next few days to see the results. Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment